I was going to make this a three part series, but time, as always, seems to have gotten away from me.
Now I'm going to run through the last eight months. Enjoy!
- We discovered we were sharing our home with a colony of Little Brown Bats (No, not a typo).
- We bought Gene a swimming pool! He seemed to enjoy crawling out of it just as much as playing in it.
- I went into detail about the Plague of Bats. Warning: this post is not for the faint-of-heart.
- I shared a bucket list of all the cloth diapers I hope to eventually try.
- Gene had his first big tumble and ended up with a goose egg. Things got scary that night when he started vomiting and we took him to the emergency room. A CT scan and an x-ray later, we realized he'd caught a stomach bug whose onset coincided with his bump.
- After living here since 2008, we finally went to the Illinois state fair.
- Gene started swimming lessons at the local Y and proved that he can sleep anywhere.
- I proudly showed off my cloth diaper stash.
- I got a haircut! It'd been nearly a year since I'd been to the salon. I'm growing it back out.
- We traveled to Chicago and went to the Museum of Science and Industry.
- I really started using Instagram (follow me! @cheeryhomemaker).
- My sweet baby boy turned 1 on the 19th! We celebrated with a small party here and a big family party back in Missouri.
- Gene was a garden gnome for Halloween!
- The Thankful For Fluff giveaway hop finally happened! We had tons of great sponsors and prizes.
- I took a huge leap outside of my comfort zone and made some new friends.
- We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving at home.
- I had my first (and likely last) craft show.
- Michael and I forgot to celebrate our 9 year anniversary.
- We spent Christmas with family in Missouri.
2012 was a year full of blessings. I spent lots time with my two favorite guys and made several new friends. I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be even better!